The winner will be announced at a cocktail function in Auckland on March 29, and the results published in our April/May issue, which is on sale from April 2.
In the meantime, we're busy getting our five very exciting finalists photographed to feature in our Home of the Year issue. (For those of you who can't wait, you can see amateur pics from our judging trip on our Facebook page or Twitter feed - just click on the Twitter box on the right-hand side of this page).
Anyway, the five finalists in the award (in no particular order) are:
- A home near Wellington by Jasmax
- A home at Pahoia, near Tauranga, by Warren & Mahoney
- A holiday home at Piha by Herbst Architects
- A bach at Onemana on the Coromandel Peninsula by Strachan Group Architects in conjunction with Unitec students
- A bach at Whangapoua on the Coromandel Peninsula by Crosson Clarke Carnachan Architects.