Recently my husband went for a regular check up and the doctor advised him to take an hour for himself, just for himself, doing something completely different from what he usually does. The doctor then went on and explained him how a wine class he used to take at the world trade center took him to become good friend with the chef, to a trip to Italy where he met wonderful people and finally how after 9/11, to organized a fund raising event to raise money for the families of the workers who used to work at the restaurant. The chef is doing fine, in case you're asking yourself the same question I asked my husband. It's fascinating how sometimes our events in life are so clearly connected and how something that's just a hobby can take us to do things we wouldn't otherwise think of. I do believe in a higher purpose and usually the harder the accomplishment the greater the result.

In my case I don't know how realistic it will be to take an hour for myself and not do or think about things to do. I would love to be able to attend events I am invited to, but for family or work responsibilities it's impossible for me to attend. People have already stopped inviting me, seriously because I just don't have the time and effort to socialize or network as much as I would like to. How about you? Are you able to set aside an hour for yourself?


 





 


 
 
 

images via Canadian House and Home and my files.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top