When I went to Istanbul back in 2010 one of the things I most admired was the mix of beautiful antique and modern architecture and most of all the modernity of its people.  I was surprised at how rare was to come across with someone with conservative world view.  On the contrary the people were extremely open minded and very Westernised.  I loved it and it breaks my heart to see what some smart people need to go through to defend their country’s identity, freedom and democracy. I hope everything gets back to normal soon and Turkey continues on its road to what every country is supposed to have: fundamental freedoms.
These beautiful images belong to Karakoy Rooms a hotel overlooking the bosphorous, I know a dream, eh? and if my in-laws didn't have an apartment in Istanbul this is where I would stay.  Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top