It's a brand new week and it's been uninterruptedly sunny here in Sao Paulo for the past week, hurray!  So even when I'm a little bit under the weather, thanks to my son, nothing makes me more happy than a bright sunny day!  I love to wake up early in the morning do some home-related errands and get the "what's for cooking" out of the way and start working early.  Work on my coming-soon print line and on my some-day-will-happen bijoux line.  High five to the modern women who can be more than just one or two things.  Actually, lately women are starting to hate labels or Bios, they have come to realized that they can be too many things at once.  I include myself in that group.
In another note, my sweet in-laws brought over from the US the House Beautiful December/January issue for me to see my humble contribution in it but I kept hanging on Michael Formica's home.  What pedigree, what personalization and what a beauty!  I love that home like many people love their dogs or cats!  Enjoy the beautiful images!
The first room above, Julian Schnabel watercolors sit above and John Dickinson plaster side tables frame the sofa.  An Isamu Noguchi side table and a rope chair by Marcel Wanders accentuate the very personalized feel in this living room.  This room is very warm and earthy. 
A very organic and industrial feel surrounds the fireplace.  Annabelle Selldorf's wall lights guard the beautiful Nakashima wood sculpture.   I adore the small sculptural accessories above the mantel. 
More collection pieces.  John Dickinson pine table and Billy Baldwin coffee table among other modern pieces.
Another view of the living room found at Elle Decor Designers registry.
This kitchen is a great example of good thought put into design.  Ikea kitchen mingles with designer pieces such as the Frank Gehry's table.
The foyer above.  Below, Another view of the foyer.  Found at Formica's website. 
 The bedroom above is possibly my favorite in this house.  The upholstered walls make this room so alluring and Frenchy.  It's not busy at all because of the saturated images in a Grisaille tone.
Photos scanned by me and the sources mentioned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top